Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GUI interface freeze when I try to open an .acsm file

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am Jim, tech support for a school institution. I have a user that normally use ADE to rent ebooks from a website then transfer them to her kobo reader. We recently upgraded their OS to windows 10, so I had to reinstall ADE. I couldn't open/transfer any DRM locked ebooks and i envetually figured out that her ADE wasn't authorised.

With her Adobe ID, I tried to sign in but it said it couldn't. I went in the 'Help' menu and saw that "Erase authorisation" was enable. So I erased it and logged her in again and it worked perfectly. That's when the problem began; nwo whenever I rent a new book and try to open the .acsm file, nothing happens and the menus are all greyed-out and any bouton I click on does nothing. Also, all my default libraries disappear. I tried it my both the kobo reader plugged and not.

I went online to check for any solution and the only thing I could find was to Erase the authentication and authorise the computer again. The problem still happens and ADE was crashing everytime I was clicking on my kobo reader. So I went for option #2 which is to uninstall ADE and reinstall. Did it, reauthorised it but I still have the same issue but ADE won't crash when I click on the kobo reader, but the menus grey-out again and nothing happens. It always worked before.

The machine is a Dell Latitude E5550 with windows 10, and I use the latest version of ADE.

Thanks in advance

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?