8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2016 5:00 PM by johnr70818521

Unable to transfer images from CS2 to LR3.6 after upgrading from Win XP to Win 7 [Was: Britt]

johnr70818521

Hello. I have Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Lightroom 3.6. These were working fine together when I recently reinstalled them after a computer system (PC) upgrade. I could send images from Lightroom to Photoshop. This ability to transfer images from Lightroom to PS began not working a week or so ago. First I tried to uninstall PS and when I tried it gave an option to "repair". I did that and the connection worked again. Then I lost it again. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both LR and PS without any success in being able to get images from LR to PS. For a while a box came up saying "Lightroom is unable to prepare selected file for editing". Now Lightroom only says in upper left that it is "preparing files for editing" but never sends image to PS. I've looked at Adobe Forum discussions and found my same problem occurs many times yet there is never any resolution to the issue. Are you able to help me? I have 16 GB of RAM and a fairly fast computer system. This quite frustrating as it worked fine for many years. Thank you.