0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2016 4:24 AM by Kmsmolk

Images shifting to pasteboard from inside the object frame.

Kmsmolk

I and running the latest and most current version of InDesign CC 2015.

I am also running it on a:

Mac Pro (late 2013)

2.7 GHZ 12 Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC

AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

MAC OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

I am working on a long document with a lot of high res images. My document is 208 pages long. I have had this issue in the past, but it now seems to be more common.

Certain images (not any one image in particular) will literally shift to the pasteboard from inside the object frame. Meaning I can't see the image initially but the object frame is still there with no image visible.

I have to Click on the object frame, right click, then click "fit content proportionately".

The image then comes back into the frame, but it is also upside down.

I then of course have to rotate and reposition the image for the proper appearance or look.

This latest occurrence happened on all of my images on a 2 page spread with about 20 images or so. You can see how this can be aggravating and time consuming to fix.

This bug is completely just an odd behavior and it seems to be more wide spread with this latest version of my catalog.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there is a known reason why this happens.

This document is meant for print and all the images are 300dpi. I do on ocassion export to PDF for viewing on the iPad. I have not been able to duplicate this behavoir at all to try and pinpoint the culprit.

Some of these image are older, I'm talking 6 or 7 years old as this catalog is a twice a year project for the last 8 years. Some are jpeg and some are .psd's.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated and thanks in advance...

Also, these are all linked files working off of the internal drive on the MAC with all of the images in the links folder. I do "package" occasionally to get all the images into one spot.

Keith