2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2006 9:29 AM by <mike/>

Wierd MX2004 Text Problem - Help? :D

<mike/>
      First up, a big HI to one and all

I know it's cheesy to make my first post a request for help, but I am getting desperate... Apologies in advance.

The problem is in Fireworks MX 2004 on WinXP sp2, 2.13Ghz Dothan, 1Gb Ram. I'm making some site layouts and experiencing some wierd text problems:- if I type "ll" (as in well) the text splits at the first l and forms a new line starting with the 2nd l. It may or may not make more than one extra line. I cannot undo this behaviour by deleting either l or by any other means apart from to close FW and re-launch, then editing the text to make it go back to 1 line. If I press escape whilst editing text, the same problem may occur, but doesn't often. Ditto for changing font colours.

It's driving me nuts, because I have to keep bombing the app and thus losing my precious undo steps. (I undo a lot )

If anyone could help, I would be very grateful...
      Cheers!
        • 1. Re: Wierd MX2004 Text Problem - Help? :D
          Level 7
          Try checking and unchecking the Auto kern box.

alex

<mike/> wrote:
          > First up, a big HI to one and all
          >
          > I know it's cheesy to make my first post a request for help, but I am getting
          > desperate... Apologies in advance.
          >
          > The problem is in Fireworks MX 2004 on WinXP sp2, 2.13Ghz Dothan, 1Gb Ram. I'm
          > making some site layouts and experiencing some wierd text problems:- if I type
          > "ll" (as in well) the text splits at the first l and forms a new line starting
          > with the 2nd l. It may or may not make more than one extra line. I cannot undo
          > this behaviour by deleting either l or by any other means apart from to close
          > FW and re-launch, then editing the text to make it go back to 1 line. If I
          > press escape whilst editing text, the same problem may occur, but doesn't
          > often. Ditto for changing font colours.
          >
          > It's driving me nuts, because I have to keep bombing the app and thus losing
          > my precious undo steps. (I undo a lot )
          >
          > If anyone could help, I would be very grateful...
          > Cheers!
          >
          • 2. Re: Wierd MX2004 Text Problem - Help? :D
            <mike/> Level 1
            Hot damn! One great big thank-you to Alex Mar! What a mad bit of behaviour...