4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2016 1:35 PM by Creasev

Dreamweaver doesn't respond

Creasev
      Since about a year and since I installed Windows 10 I have difficulties closing dreamweaver. When I try to close dreamweaver it doesn’t respond anymore. I have to close it down each time with Task Manager. When starting Dreamweaver it doesn’t respond anymore so that I have to delete it each time and re-install to be able to use it or close down dreamweaver for a long time. I tried to open as administrator but the problem remains. I also use other adobe-programs but the problem is only with dreamweaver.

• 1. Re: Dreamweaver doesn't respond
          Jon Fritz II Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A couple of things to try...

A. Create a new blank site and switch to that site before exiting.

B. Go through each site and turn off the site cache feature under Site > Manage Sites > click the site > Edit > Advanced Settings > Uncheck Enable Cache > Save > Rinse and repeat for each site.

The only side effect of doing the above that I've seen is rather than scanning and prompting you when you update a link or file name, it will prompt you to do the scan.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Dreamweaver doesn't respond
            Zrayweb

I am going to try this since I've legitimately lost HOURS at work because of the CC versions of DW stalling out constantly. I never had issues with site Cache before these newer/last 2 versions. Has this suggestion/resolution saved many people time/aggravation?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Dreamweaver doesn't respond
              Jon Fritz II Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There have definitely been a few people who it has helped, yes.

If it doesn't work for you, make sure to post back, other users may have more ideas to try.

It may also help to install one of the older versions. You have access to CS6, CC, CC2014 and CC 2015 through your subscription, and all 4 can be installed at the same time (they just won't run at the same time).  If the above workaround doesn't help, it would be possible to continue working from an older version while troubleshooting continues in your newer version.

Here's how you get the older versions through the CC Desktop App: How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Dreamweaver doesn't respond
                Creasev Level 1

Hello

I tried with Uncheck Enable Cache but the problem still remain.

Thanks