7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2008 11:24 AM by joeq

Cannot receive Refund

DWDrummer13
      I ordered Dreamweaver CS4 and they were going to ship it standard. Then when I got ill and could not afford it. I canceled the order before it was even shipped. It was suppose to arrive on December 30th yet when I canceled the order Adobe decided to ship it overnight fed ex overnight. Then on the 19th I had to cancel the order again and filled out the paper work and faxed it in and still no response. I called customer service today and they had no knowledge of receiving the letter of of destruction. So I faxed it in twice today and I might fax it in several more times today till I get an acknowledgment of receipt. When I talked to customer service today I could not even understand the person. I don't know where she was from but she sure was not from the United States and could not speak English.
      My question is this Adobe. when are you going to respond and refund my money? Are you going to refund my money at all? Are you going to communicate with me at some point in time? I am so tired of people not being able to speak English.
      Thanks
        • 1. Re: Cannot receive Refund
          Level 7
          sorry for your problems- but the people here can't fix any of that.

If you ordered directly from the adobe web store- use the links inside of it
          to resolve the issue if possible.

--
          Alan
          Adobe Community Expert, dreamweaver

http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

• 2. Re: Cannot receive Refund
            Level 7
            I'm afraid you've wasted a lot of time and keystrokes. This is a
            user-to-user forum/newsgroup and no one from Adobe is here in an official
            capacity. Your only hope is to continue to dog Adobe customer service. Also,
            if you paid via credit card you might try to dispute the charge with the
            credit card company.

Sorry

--

Walt

"DWDrummer13" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:gir4sl$fao$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > I ordered Dreamweaver CS4 and they were going to ship it standard.
            > Then
            > when I got ill and could not afford it. I canceled the order before it was
            > even
            > shipped. It was suppose to arrive on December 30th yet when I canceled the
            > order Adobe decided to ship it overnight fed ex overnight. Then on the
            > 19th I
            > had to cancel the order again and filled out the paper work and faxed it
            > in and
            > still no response. I called customer service today and they had no
            > knowledge of
            > receiving the letter of of destruction. So I faxed it in twice today and I
            > might fax it in several more times today till I get an acknowledgment of
            > receipt. When I talked to customer service today I could not even
            > understand
            > the person. I don't know where she was from but she sure was not from the
            > United States and could not speak English.
            > My question is this Adobe. when are you going to respond and refund my
            > money?
            > Are you going to refund my money at all? Are you going to communicate with
            > me
            > at some point in time? I am so tired of people not being able to speak
            > English.
            > Thanks
            >

• 3. Re: Cannot receive Refund
              joeq Level 1
              i just went through a similarly frustrating experience - it's maddening and reprehensible.

here's your answer:

http://consumerist.com/consumer/how-to/how-to-launch-an-executive-email-carpet-bomb-259713 .php

quote:

Originally posted by: DWDrummer13
              I ordered Dreamweaver CS4 and they were going to ship it standard. Then when I got ill and could not afford it. I canceled the order before it was even shipped. It was suppose to arrive on December 30th yet when I canceled the order Adobe decided to ship it overnight fed ex overnight. Then on the 19th I had to cancel the order again and filled out the paper work and faxed it in and still no response. I called customer service today and they had no knowledge of receiving the letter of of destruction. So I faxed it in twice today and I might fax it in several more times today till I get an acknowledgment of receipt. When I talked to customer service today I could not even understand the person. I don't know where she was from but she sure was not from the United States and could not speak English.
              My question is this Adobe. when are you going to respond and refund my money? Are you going to refund my money at all? Are you going to communicate with me at some point in time? I am so tired of people not being able to speak English.
              Thanks

• 4. Re: Cannot receive Refund
                DWDrummer13 Level 1
                I just wanted to let people know in this forum and that maybe someone from adobe might read it. I know I am expecting too much.
                • 5. Re: Cannot receive Refund
                  joeq Level 1
                  see my post. i'm telling you, sometimes the only way to get their attention is by making it the problem of someone who's too busy and/or too concerned about bad publicity. (in other words, make sure you include someone whose title has something to do with pr, media relations, corporate communications, etc.)

quote:

Originally posted by: DWDrummer13
                  I just wanted to let people know in this forum and that maybe someone from adobe might read it. I know I am expecting too much.

• 6. Re: Cannot receive Refund
                    Level 7

> ... I don't know where she was from but she sure was not from the
                    > United States

The nerve!

--
                    Patty Ayers | www.WebDevBiz.com
                    Free Articles on the Business of Web Development
                    Web Design Contract, Estimate Request Form, Estimate Worksheet
                    --

• 7. Re: Cannot receive Refund
                      joeq Level 1
                      actually, it IS very nervy... for an american company to care so little about their customers that they outsource one of the most important parts of their business to a part of the world and to people who can't communicate well with the majority of their users is the height of nerviness.

i realize that there's nothing terribly new about this but, until we as consumers take a stand and say that it's unacceptable, the situation will only get worse.

quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User

> ... I don't know where she was from but she sure was not from the
                      > United States

The nerve!

--
                      Patty Ayers | www.WebDevBiz.com
                      Free Articles on the Business of Web Development
                      Web Design Contract, Estimate Request Form, Estimate Worksheet
                      --