7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2016 12:53 PM by ccastleb

Camera lens profiles

IzzyKap

I have several questions regarding camera and lens profiles in LR 2015.6 Raw 9.6:

1. On my laptop (Mac OS 10.10.5) I don't see any profiles under "Embedded" in LR Camera Calibration Panel. How do I get these back?

2. Under Enable Profile correction in LR Develop Module, it doesn't show Sony RX100iii even though it's seems to be listed as being supported by Adobe. Why is this?

3. Is a profile available for Rokinon 12 mm fisheye f/2.8?

Thank you,

• 1. Re: Camera lens profiles
          ccastleb Adobe Employee

Hi Izet,

"Embedded" generally means you are editing a JPEG image. Camera matching profiles are only for raw files.

The RX100 MKIII has built-in lens corrections. There should be an info icon in the Lens Corrections pane that you can click that will tell you which corrections are automatically applied. But again, this will work only for raw files. The JPEGs from that camera should already have corrections applied by the camera, though it may depend on specific camera settings (I don't recall offhand).

Profile support for the Rokinon 12mm f/2.8 ED AS NCS Fisheye was added in ACR 9.4/LR 6.4.

Regards,

- Chris

• 2. Re: Camera lens profiles
            IzzyKap Level 1

Thank you very much for your prompt and helpful advice. One more question,

I have generated and saved a  profile in: /Library/Application

Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

It doesn't seem to show up in the profile dropdown in the Camera

Calibration panel.

• 3. Re: Camera lens profiles
              ccastleb Adobe Employee

The path you mention above is loaded by ACR using a fixed index file. Anything you add to it will be ignored.

User generated profiles need to be placed into the following location.

/Users/<your user name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/

Similarly, for user generated lens profiles the location is

/Users/<your user name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/

Hope that helps!

- Chris

• 4. Re: Camera lens profiles
                IzzyKap Level 1

Thank you again. That's where I had my generated profile files, one .dcp

for Sony and one .dcpr for Canon. I can see them there in finder but they

don't appear in LR profile.

• 5. Re: Camera lens profiles
                  ccastleb Adobe Employee

The .dcpr file is the "recipe" file that needs to be exported to a .dcp profile. Only then can it be read by LR.

If you upload your .dcp file(s) to DropBox or similar, I can attempt to load them here.

- Chris

• 6. Re: Camera lens profiles
                    IzzyKap Level 1

Thank you. I finally got it to wrk, though I am not sure how. You were very

helpful.

• 7. Re: Camera lens profiles
                      ccastleb Adobe Employee

Great!

Enjoy.

- Chris