5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 3:43 AM by jane-e

Image sizing tools

andym46131047

Is there a way to get the fit proportionally sizing tools to show up on the tools bar at the top. Just that I have been watching a demonstration video and he has them on the top section of the screen?

• 1. Re: Image sizing tools
          jane-e Adobe Community Professional

Yes.

1. Change your resolution.

2. Get a larger monitor.

3. Resize your application window larger if you have not done so.

4. Click the Control panel menu in the far right and hide something else.

When I teach on a small monitor with bad resolution due to working with the the overhead projector, this is the one thing that drives me as crazy as it does you!

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Image sizing tools
            BarbBinder Adobe Community Professional

Your monitor isn't wide enough to show them. InDesign CC 2015.4 increased the size of the icons to accommodate HiDPI/Retina displays, and icons that don't fit fall off the right side of your screen.

You can:

1. Increase your display resolution
            2. Buy a new monitor (ha!)
            3. Customize the Control Panel to remove icons you don't need to make room for the ones you do

To customize:

1. Click the Control Panel menu icon on the far right of the Control Panel > Customize
              2. Uncheck buttons that you don't need from the Objects category

InDesign CCss_006.png

• 3. Re: Image sizing tools

Your answer turns out to be the "correct" one, BarbBinder! Hahaha!

• 4. Re: Image sizing tools
                BarbBinder Adobe Community Professional

Maybe because of the screen shot, jane-e! I think it's hilarious that we both answered the exact same way... we've worked together a long time. 

• 5. Re: Image sizing tools

Or because you came in 2 minutes after me with the same answer! I think it's funny!

I couldn't take a screen shot because I was on my iPad.