6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2016 1:16 AM by Roei Tzoref

Dynamic link not working 2015.3

andy-mario Level 1

(Windows 10 64bit - 32gb ram - Nvidia gtx980ti driver update 372.70 - AE cc 2015.3 - 13.8.1.38)

Hi,

just did a clean install (windows and adobe CC) since the new AE and PR were not working on this workstation.

I have 2 problems with After Effects:

1) On startup AE freezes on the splash screen. It works only if I do something, like opening a browser window or clicking on the splash screen, strange but it works.

If I click on the splash screen, a Windows error pops out like it was about to crash, then disappears, AE starts and works normally.

Clearly, I'm not trusting this procedure and I'd like to fix this behaviour since every time I just hope it starts without crashes. Can't be like this on a production machine.

2) I can't render from AME. Clicking "queue to AME" does nothing (if AME it's closed doesn't even launch it).

If I send with export>add to queue or manually importing into AME the comp, when I run the encoding it stucks on "Connecting to dynamic link server..." and nothing happens (I know it takes some time, but I waited for 20 minutes!).

Already tried to run both programs as Administrator and some other solution I found in other posts but with no luck.

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: Dynamic link not working 2015.3
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

any antivirus or firewalls installed? I would try to disable those and check. other than that I would recommend contacting support, they can control your computer via remote desktop and perform a surgical fix. this is what I did eventually: Ae 2015.3 stuck on flash screen suddenly

• 2. Re: Dynamic link not working 2015.3
            andy-mario Level 1

Hi Roei,

no antivirus (just windows defender on default) and no firewall (home studio with simple router and no firewalls).

Funny thing, a week ago I followed instructions in your post as a last resort before formatting!

Now everything it's clean, I spent 2 days reinstalling plugin, scripts, setting everything back up (all prefs /workspaces were obviously gone) and I really hope I don't have to reinstall everything for the 3rd time.

I think your suggestion makes sense, it looks like a specific issue of my configuration so maybe I'll give a try with adobe remote support, even if they try always the same things (task manager, run as admin...already tried that), they scratch their head and then tell you "sorry you need to reinstall Windows"

I'm having a hard time with this update...

I'll update this post after the support call.

• 3. Re: Dynamic link not working 2015.3

Great! good luck. waiting for the update.

• 4. Re: Dynamic link not working 2015.3
                andy-mario Level 1

UPDATE:

Had a session with Adobe.
                Creating a new Windows Administrator user and resetting AE preferences (dragging out folder from "C:/Users/[username]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/After Effects") has solved both problems.

Now logging with the new user neither Windows "Start Menu" and "Control Center" are working...but that's another story!

• 5. Re: Dynamic link not working 2015.3
                  andy-mario Level 1

Update: AME stopped working again, also in the new Windows user I created.
                  I'm having problems with AE as well, very slow to go back when minimized and having the same startup "freeze" problem now in the new user as well.

So, now I can't use AME in my workstation and I am rendering in AME on my macbook, AE sometimes starts and sometimes not, nice.

I'm having so many issues on Windows with Adobe CC 2015. Reinstalling everything for the second time it's out of question.

I think I've tried everything and support always make me repeat the same steps that aren't a solution to my problem...what can I do?

• 6. Re: Dynamic link not working 2015.3

If support can't give you a better suggestion, Looks to me you have tried all there is to try. Last step - I would re-install my Os.