1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 14, 2016 3:12 AM by Laubender

Do equal versions of ID Server & ID Desktop include equal bug fixes?

olegs42752073

Hi,

I am using both InDesign Server and InDesign Desktop.

Server 11.0 and Desktop 11.0 have a bug with scale transform functionality. In Desktop 11.4 this bug was fixed.

Can I be sure that this bug is fixed in Server 11.4 without installing it? Do Adobe include such engine fixes into new version of both products?

Thank you,

Oleg

• 1. Re: Do equal versions of ID Server & ID Desktop include equal bug fixes?
          Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi Oleg,

unless one of the badged Adobe employees stops by, perhaps noone here can answer that question.

I cannot tell, if Server and Desktop are always on par with bug fixing.

Hm. Since the service for opening newer document versions in older InDesign versions is using a Server installation behind the scene and if we can assume, that this Server version is the latest version available for Server customers, maybe you could try to open a newer version document with an older version to find out what Server is doing. But this would only work if the bug can be fixed by opening and saving a document (to IDML) with CC 2015 v11.4.1.102 .

Regards,
          Uwe

1 person found this helpful