2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2016 4:32 AM by 徹杉89983253

keeping the aspect ratio after imported

徹杉89983253

Hi

Sorry I'm a beginner of movie making and Premiere Elements.

I would be glad if someone give me any idea.

I am making a movie by Premiere Elements 14 using png images.

The images are not photos, but lines and some drawings.

I make those png images using by windows Paint program, then import into Premiere and synthesize them to one movie.

But there is a problem that their aspect ratio slightly be changed from the original one.

I would like to keep them exactly the same even after they are imported..

Is it possible? How should I do it?

Thank you very much.

Makiko

• 1. Re: keeping the aspect ratio after imported
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The program won't stretch the pictures, Makiko. So if you're seeing the pictures stretched into odd shapes, there's something else going on.

But you can use photos in Premiere Elements project. If you create a standard definition project, your photos will fill the video frame and you won't have black bars on either side of the photos (assuming the photos are 4x3).

1) Your photos should be sized to 1000x750 pixels (72 ppi). They can be saved as JPEGs, PNGs, TIFs or PSDs.

2) Start a new Premiere Elements project. On the New Project screen, click the Settings button.

3) In the New Project Settings screen, select the preset for Hard Disk or Flash Memory Camcorder/Standard 48 khz. Click Okay and then, back on the New Project screen, check the option to Force Settings. Click OK.

4) In the Premiere Elements project, use Add Media/From Files and Folders to add your photos to your project.

• 2. Re: keeping the aspect ratio after imported
            徹杉89983253 Level 1

Steve,

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Makiko