1 Reply Latest reply on May 12, 2006 4:17 PM by Newsgroup_User

Stream wav file in Flex

liaod
      I am trying to use the 'Sound' object to play wav file. It seems that it only works with mp3 not wav. I am using Flex 2.0 beta 2. The documentation is not very clear on what formats can be used with Sound class.
        • 1. Re: Stream wav file in Flex
          Level 7
          The Flash Player will only play mp3 file. You will need to convert your wav
          into an mp3. Google mp3 converter to find a utility to do this.

The documentation for flash.media.Sound mentions in several places that an
          mp3 is required.

From the docs:
          The Sound class lets you work with sound in an application. The Sound class
          lets you create a new Sound object, load and play an external MP3 file into
          that object, close the sound stream, and access data about the sound, such
          as information about the number of bytes in the stream and ID3 metadata.

Can you tell us where you looked in the documentation? Perhaps we are not
          mentioning the mp3 requirement in a more obvious place. If so, we can update
          the documentation.

Thanks,
          Jason Szeto

"liaod" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e20q73$jqv$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am trying to use the 'Sound' object to play wav file. It seems that it
          >only
          > works with mp3 not wav. I am using Flex 2.0 beta 2. The documentation is
          > not
          > very clear on what formats can be used with Sound class.
          >