2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 6:31 AM by Tareq Battat

How to play swc main or document timeline?

Tareq Battat

I'm pretty sure that swc contain the complete swf embedded inside it, but how we can get access of it?

so we can play the main timeline.

• 1. Re: How to play swc main or document timeline?
          Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

The document class of the FLA that made the SWC will be a certain name, like MyGame, that most likely extends MovieClip. You add the SWC to your master FLA in the ActionScript settings Library Path tab. Then when you want to use it you would say:

var mc:MovieClip = new MyGame() as MovieClip;

addChild(mc);

You can now talk to it as if it was a MovieClip you added from the library.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to play swc main or document timeline?
            Tareq Battat Level 1

Thank you Colin Holgate for quick reply and explanation.

but it's still not working and I have an empty (white) movieclip when I add the mc to the stage.

Sorry, maybe I need to explain my case first.

I have many fla files with content on main timeline, I need to collect them to one master project, I define a uniqe class name for each one and I published them to swc, I think it's the easier way to manege such big project.

but when I try to call them as your approach the main timeline was gone.

I know there is a way to do this by moving each document timeline inside movieclip, but I'm looking for shorter way. 

Any idea it well be appreciated,

Thanks in advance