5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2016 8:44 PM by Willi Adelberger

Using Typekit on other computers

brianh3284

Hey so my issue is a little complicated and I'm not sure if there is a solution.  I am taking a typography course for college and we work primarily in InDesign.  Our assignment was to gather up various different typefaces, which I did through Adobe Typekit and I saved them to a flash drive as .webloc files.  However, they are not synced to the school's computers.  Is there a way to work with these fonts on a different computer without having to re-sync them?

• 1. Re: Using Typekit on other computers
          jane-e Adobe Community Professional

The TypeKit fonts go with your Creative Cloud login. When you login to your CC account on a different computer with your Adobe ID and password you will see your TK fonts.

They are not shared from your school's account to your account, unfortunately.

• 2. Re: Using Typekit on other computers
            brianh3284 Level 1

So basically if I sync these font on my computer at home I can only use them on that computer even if I copy them to a flash drive?

• 3. Re: Using Typekit on other computers
              Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can't use the Typekit fonts (nor will be able to copy or package them) if you don't have an Adobe ID to use them on the other computer. They could be embedded in a PDF or EPUB and they would be OK.

• 4. Re: Using Typekit on other computers
                jane-e Adobe Community Professional

You can sign into CC on two computers with your Adobe ID and use the TypeKit fonts with your ID. With a different ID you get the TypeKit fonts with that ID.

If you are allowed by the school, then you can sign into CC on a school computer with your own ID. Don't forget to sign out when you leave. If you try to sign in on a third computer, you will be asked to sign out on the others.

If the school has an Adobe ID, I imagine they would veto its use outside the classroom.

• 5. Re: Using Typekit on other computers
                  Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

To use TypeKit fonts on different computers any computer has to have a CC subscription. If you open a file, like an INDD file from someone else, who has downloaded other fonts than you have, the CC application will connect to the internet and get those fonts to use for that document, regardless, if you have the same Adobe ID or a different. But the font is not downloaded to be used for other documents until you decide to get it yourself too.