• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 10 audio and animations not syncing correctly when published

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have imported individual audio mp3 audio files into a 15 slide presentation (one per slide) and they all play well except for the slide with the quiz question. In the "Edit Audio Files" and the "Preview" modes, the audio works fine (I want the full audio to play before the quiz features are invoked/before the animations are activated). And when in the "Edit Audio Files" screen, I see the animation markers positioned after the audio file has played fully.

When I publish however, the audio on this slide is segmented/stilted--I have to select the Play button multiple times (the same number of "animations" embedded in the slide) to get the entire audio to play.

I have tried deleting the slide and the quiz in Quiz Manager--but the issue reoccurs.

Is there a work around to this bug? Can I edit the xml to fix the problem?

I saw a couple other questions/discussions on the forum that seemed similar and might be related to the same issue.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't really a bug, just the nature of the quiz slides. Applying audio is difficult because of the level of interaction and variation of how someone will interact with the slides.

In my experience of working with Presenter over the last ten years I find it is best to create a slide that comes before the quiz that allows you to have your audio for the question. This gives you better control over how the audio plays. Then when it is done the user moves on to the actual quiz slide. You can always copy and paste the quiz text so the slide looks just like quiz slide, but is not interactive. This means the users won't be able to answer the question until your audio has finished, which is something they could get around in the quiz slide even if you could get the audio to work out the way you wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, flyingj481, for the idea. I've never experienced this issue before with quiz slides--audio on quiz slides has always played well in the past, except with this latest project.

I proposed the change to my client and he doesn't care for this work-around since it is stylistically different from the other courses offered.

I would still like to explore the idea of editing the xml if anyone has any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources