Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Install - Application Initialization Error

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having an issue installing the current version of Flash. The install seems to start and then a few seconds later I get an application initialization error and the install stop. I have tried other alternate downloads found in the forums with no success. It's not an enterprise wide issue so far, just random workstations.

OS Windows 7 32bit

Browser IE 11

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went through all of that first then got to the last item that directed me here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of these links take me to the same place, the installer that does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Photoguy206

What is the file name of the installer file you are using?  We usually only see Application Initialization Errors with the online installer, not the offline installer, as such, I'd like to confirm which install file you are using.

Your comment "Went through all of that first then got to the last item that directed me here." in reply to the recommendation to review the troubleshooting page doesn't provide any information to help us troubleshoot the issue.  What happens when you follow the recommendations on this page?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flashplayer23ax_fb_install is the file name from this URL,

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/download/?installer=FP_23_for_Internet_Explorer_-_ActiveX&os=Windo... 7&browser_type=MSIE&browser_dist=OEM&d=Google_Chrome_4.0.0.4_IE_Browser&p=gtb&dualoffer=false&mdualoffer=false&chromedefault=false.

I'm going to try one of the links in the comment above yours to see if I have any luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

So I went to the all of the links noted in the previous comment. They all direct me to the same installer file that I noted in my previous reply to you.  We've double checked our fire wall ACLs and it's not getting blocked.

Thanks,

Evan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Photoguy206 ,

It sounds like you're distributing Flash Player within your organization.  If so, the online installer isn't meant for enterprise distribution.  It's a shim installer that downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.  To distribute Flash Player within your organization, apply for a distribution license (free for most use cases) if you haven't done so or don't have a distribution license.  You'll then receive an email with a link to download the full installers (exe, msi, scup catalog, .dmg, and .pkg) for distribution.

In the mean time, I'd like to get the online installer log files (with verbose logging enabled) to find out why it's returning that error.  Please do the following:

1. Create an empty text file named ADM.trace inside your %temp% directory.  The file extension itself is .trace, not .txt or anything else.
        • Vista and above: C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\
        • XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserID>\Local Settings\Temp\
      • To create the empty text file, navigate to the %temp% directory, right-click in an empty area and select New > Text Document
      • Rename the new file to ADM.trace
        • Note: make sure file extensions are visible so that the extension is .trace and not .txt.  See Show or hide file name extensions if file name extensions are not displaying.
    2. Run the online installer again until it stops
    3. When the installation stops, the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files will contain additional debugging information.
    4. upload the 2 log files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document
    5. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines