3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2006 11:08 AM by plz help

Keyboard commands broken in FW 8

Stewart Design Level 1
      For some reason, my keyboard commands (ctrl-x, ctrl-v, ctrl-C, even the DEL key on the keyboard) won't work with FW8. This happened all of a sudden-- was working fine 2 days ago. I did a reboot, then a Repair from the installer, bu still it isn't working. I still have FW MX on here, and it has no such issues. I'd delete the preferences if I knew how to do that. Can anyone help?
        • 1. Re: Keyboard commands broken in FW 8
          Level 7
          Stewart Design;
          Have you checked your settings under edit/keyboard shortcuts? Is the
          "current set" Macromedia standard or Fireworks? -Tom Unger

• 2. Re: Keyboard commands broken in FW 8
            Stewart Design Level 1
            Thank you for your reply. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the app yesterday, and now it's back to normal. I didn't get a chance to look at what you suggested before I reinstalled, but even the most basic keyboard commands (like Ctrl-S, Ctr-X, Ctrl-V, the Del key or even the arrow keys) were not working, . I don't know what got borked, but a reainstall seemed to be the only way to fix it.

Just out of curiosity, do you know how to delete the preferences on a Windows system? i couldn't find a preferences file or find anything about it in the online guide.
            • 3. Re: Keyboard commands broken in FW 8
              plz help
              Thanks Tom! I was having the exact same problem as Stewart (but with MX 2004)... my 'current set' in keyboard shortcuts had somehow cleared (was showing a blank field).... so I selected Fireworks and now I can use my keyboard commands & arrow keys again... yeah!