1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 14, 2016 6:13 PM by JimHess

Sync LR mobile catalog on two computers?

JPDucky

So I have my desktop with my storage hdd's in it that I dump all of my photos on to. I also have LR mobile synced to that catalog. I am trying to open up LR on my laptop (both are running windows btw) and look at the catalogs that have synced with that computer, but all I see is the option to switch catalogs and my old catalogs from when I was using my laptop as my main. Is there a way to set it up to where I use my desktop as my synced catalog and view those catalogs on my laptop without having to do any file transfers? I can see the images on my galaxy s7, as all the catalogs show up there, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to work this out. My apologies if this has been asked before, I could not find a specific answer to this.

I am never home and my laptop does not have much space- could it be worked out with smart previews? Again I have no idea what I am doing here and hope y'all can help.

• 1. Re: Sync LR mobile catalog on two computers?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You cannot synchronize 2 Computers the way you are trying to. From your desktop computer you can create collections using Lightroom that can be shared and then you can work with those images on your mobile devices. Additionally, with your laptop you could go to adobe.Lightroom.com and have access to those collections. But you cannot access catalogs on other computers using the cloud. The catalog must be local to the computer that is running Lightroom.