Is it possible to create an OS Control (#OSMenu) member on the fly and
      then put it in a sprite on the stage?

I seem to be able to create a member but when I add it to the stage and
      try to access sprite properties like #enabled and #menuLocH director
      returns script errors.

AstrO
        • 1. Re: Creating OS Control members & sprites on the fly
          Level 7
          Update: I can get it to work by just setting the member properties BUT
          when I run the movie in a projector I get a red line though the sprite
          on the screen. Note that I have other static OS Control sprites on the
          screen that are working fine in a projector and yes I do own the OS
          Control Xtra.
          • 2. Re: Creating OS Control members & sprites on the fly
            James Newton, ACP Level 3
            Because of OSControl Xtra licensing policy, we have had to disable the creation of OSControl members on the fly.

A developer licenses the OSControl Xtra for use with a particular copy of Director. If the movie is saved with an unlicensed copy, the OSControl sprites will no longer work. Re-saving with a licensed copy will restore the functionality of the sprites.

If developers without a licence were able to create functional OSControl members on the fly, then there would be no incentive to purchase a licence.

Why do you need to create a new member on the fly? You can use and re-use an existing member. If you need two contextual menus, you can create one OSmenu member and use it in two different sprites. You can then set the menuMember or the itemString or itemList of each sprite to a different value. This will give you two menus with different contents from only one member.

James Newton
            The OpenSpark Xtras Team
            <xtras@openspark.com>
            • 3. Re: Creating OS Control members &amp; sprites on the fly
              Level 7
              openspark wrote:
              > Because of OSControl Xtra licensing policy, we have had to disable the creation
              > of OSControl members on the fly.
              >
              > A developer licenses the OSControl Xtra for use with a particular copy of
              > Director. If the movie is saved with an unlicensed copy, the OSControl sprites
              > will no longer work. Re-saving with a licensed copy will restore the
              > functionality of the sprites.
              >
              > If developers without a licence were able to create functional OSControl
              > members on the fly, then there would be no incentive to purchase a licence.
              >
              > Why do you need to create a new member on the fly? You can use and re-use an
              > existing member. If you need two contextual menus, you can create one OSmenu
              > member and use it in two different sprites. You can then set the menuMember or
              > the itemString or itemList of each sprite to a different value. This will give
              > you two menus with different contents from only one member.
              >
              > James Newton
              > The OpenSpark Xtras Team
              > xtras@openspark.com
              >

Thanks for the help James, I'll talk to you through e-mail.