Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refreshing a random webapp item on page reload

Contributor ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm outputting a random webapp item onto the page by classifcation using the following module tag:

{module_webapps id="58739" filter="randomClassified" itemId="36780"}

It's outputting an item but the problem is that when I refresh the page, a new item doesn't appear, ie. it takes about 4 or 5 minutes for it to change. I wondered if this has something to do with the browser cache and if yes, is there a workaround so that I can have the item change after every page refresh?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

TOPICS
Developer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this same issue, I use random webapp items a lot for inner banners on webpages to randomly show 1 image when the page loads, sometimes the same image might be shown across multiple pages.

Is there a way to make sure this doesn't get cached so It changes more often when refreshing the site/page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cached based aspect and one you will see more if you only got a few web app items. In a real world situation this will not be noticed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines