19 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2016 6:32 AM by Soji_Okita

DNG images upload from ipad always pending

Soji_Okita Level 1

Hi everyone,

In order to test the new DNG feature with iOS 10, I took a few pictures with my ipad with the lightroom camera.

The problem is that the pictures upload seems not to be working.

If I click on the cloud icon, it says "uploading... 5 files pending" (since yesterday).

I tried to kill the app and relaunch, to leave the app open, to log out and log in... no success.

Is there something else to try?

I've seen some other people saying they reinstalled the app, but as the pictures were taken in DNG format with lightroom, I think uninstalling the app will remove the pictures I took.

• 1. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
          Soji_Okita Level 1

I think I tried everything I could...

I even uninstalled the app, reinstalled it... same thing. Even if I wait 24 hours, no photo is uploaded.

I tried using the native camera app instead... the photo are not transfered anymore either (they were before the last update of the app).

I think the problem is the Lightroom app on ipad, not LR mobile sync, because there is no problem with any other sync action (including file upload from my phone).

The very frustrating thing is that there seems to be no other way of getting the DNG files out of Lightroom mobile.

I wanted to export the DNG files to dropbox or google drive to edit them on my computer... it's only possible to export the JPEG...

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
            iamjasonl

I have the same issue - DNG photos taken on my iPhone 6s plus and iPhone 7 will not sync at all. The app gets stuck at "pending".

JPGs work fine.

• 3. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
              28axmelissarios Adobe Employee

ibarrien, do you have an idea of what's happening with these users' DNGs on Lr Mobile?

iamjasonl, I just want to make sure that you have also tried force quitting the app and relaunching, uninstalling and reinstalling, signing out and signing back in as the OP has tried?

Let me know,

Melissa

• 4. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
                ibarrien Adobe Employee

I would need to get the diagnostic log from the devices and from the desktop to be able to continue investigating.

Soji_Okita iamjasonl

1. Open the LrM settings on the device by tapping on the Lr icon in the upper left.

2. Do a long press on the same Lr icon again

3. Now your mail client will open up with the log attached

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 5. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
                  alexroddie Level 1

I have the same problem.

In my case they aren't DNGs taken by the iPad's camera, they're Fuji RAF files imported to the iPad the normal way (hardware: iPad Air 2 / 64GB / iOS 10). JPEGs sync to Lightroom desktop just fine, but raw files get stuck in 'upload pending' permanently. I tried leaving a single file syncing overnight and it still says '1 pending'.

I have tried signing in and out again, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and deleting the photo and re-importing. Nothing works. It's a bug in the software.

To be honest, this is quite disappointing. I wanted to be able to use my iPad for genuine photo editing in the field, but if raw files get siloed in the app and can't upload then it's of minimal use to me.

• 6. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
                    iamjasonl Level 1

Yes - I've tried uninstalling, logging out, etc. I've tried a totally fresh iOS install. I've tried it on two devices as well - same issue. Only DNGs are affected.

I'm also super disappointed. I grabbed an iPhone 7 in the hope I'd be able to take advantage of the RAW shooting and editing in lightroom and the CC workflow.

I'll send through my logs.

• 7. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
                      ibarrien Adobe Employee

"In my case they aren't DNGs taken by the iPad's camera"

With which app did you take them?

Please send us a diagnostics log.

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 8. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
                        alexroddie Level 1

I have now sent my log through.

• 9. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
                          Soji_Okita Level 1

I just sent my log.

I had an image uploaded afer 48 hours... 2 are still pending.

There might be something triggering the upload but I don't know what.

• 10. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
                            WFehr Level 1

I have had the same issue with images taken from the LR app on my iPad Pro. The images just wouldn't sync, for days, but then....I made an edit to one of them and bingo, everything suddenly loaded up.

2 people found this helpful
                            • 11. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
                              alexroddie Level 1

Just to confirm, this issue persists even after the latest iOS update. My email conversation with support was not especially helpful and did not fix my issue.

I'm starting to think it's an inherent limitation in Lightroom on iOS.

• 12. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
                                iamjasonl Level 1

I can also confirm - the most recent update did not fix the issue.

• 13. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
                                  ibarrien Adobe Employee

We are still investigating this issue, will update you as soon as we have a fix for it.

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 14. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
                                    danielg68250611 Level 1

Also having the same problem with iPhone 7plus.

Only jpg-photos will sync from iPhone to desktop/cloud... RAW files only sync after editing and clicking

force sync which appears only while editing a photo and then clicking the cloud icon...

Kinda frustrating since it took me about two hours to find finally this thread here that was somewhat

helpful at least as a workaround.

Signed out from iPhone, Desktop, web-frontend, deleted sync.lrdata etc. did dozens of restarts of

computer and iPhone...nothing helped!

Please fix this issue, because otherwise it's a great app!

Thanks!

• 15. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
                                      iamjasonl Level 1

Are there any updates? The issue persists for me.

Interestingly, I've found that by disabling wifi and allowing files to be transferred over cellular fixes the "pending" issue. But I don't want to transfer a high volume of dng's over cellular. It's really slow and my data limit is consumed rapidly.

If the issue is related to wifi only, shouldn't that be a relatively easy fix?

I'm hugely disappointed in Adobe for taking so long to sort this out. I don't fork out a monthly fee for my workflow (and the entire premise of the "cloud") to be crippled by a bug. It's inexcusable, especially for this length of time.

• 16. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
                                        Soji_Okita Level 1

I feel exactly the same.
                                        I would have expected an important bug like this to be corrected quickly.

Fortunately everything's fine on my android phone, and I don't take many pictures with my ipad, otherwise I would have been quite angry paying each month for something that does not work as advertised.

• 17. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
                                          johnwestwind

Same problem with new iPhone 7plus. spent hours trying to figure out why *.dng files shot on iPhone  would not include load To CC. Completely annoying and disappointing.

• 18. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
                                            NoMorePeas

Frustrated by this problem I sought out an answer whilst sat waiting for my jpgs and dngs to upload - again. I see that this continues to be an issue - either extremely slow uploading from LRM on iPhone / iPad or more often trying constantly to trigger uploading to start. As others say, it is beyond frustrating that despite paying a monthly subscription for services to Adobe we have to declare these problems on their own forum pages and get very little feedback or explanation.

Downloading of cloud-synced Collections from LR on my computer are fine - but uploading is horrendous - it always works in the end but I have to wait, attempt to trigger with minor adjustments, sign in and out - eventually something happens but at a rate that is much slower than my wifi/internet is capable of.  And none of this is helped by the fact that, as far as I can see, I need to switch off auto-lock/sleep on my device to keep it open otherwise the long-awaited upload stops! Very user-UNfriendly.

So what are you doing about it Adobe? Is it app design? Are your servers so busy with other priorities that our little files are put on low priority and limited speed?

• 19. Re: DNG images upload from ipad always pending
                                              Soji_Okita Level 1

It's not a server problem.
                                              DNG Images from my android phone are uploaded very quickly.

The problem seems to be only with Lightroom Mobile on iOS.