8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2016 5:23 AM by VectorP

Build plugin in cloud

likusoft Level 1

I have a question .. if I do a build of my app in the cloud , and I do not have a paid account can only use only the default plugin ? In order to use the third-party plugin I have to buy an account ??

right??

• 1. Re: Build plugin in cloud
          VectorP Level 4

No. You can use any suitable plugin from npm, and more.

The free account doesn't restrict you to using core plugins only.

• 2. Re: Build plugin in cloud
            likusoft Level 1

Thanks Vector..

I have another question..

I'm forced to edit the config.xml file ?? Tagged with

< Plugin name = " cordova - plugin - fileopener " source = " npm " spec = " ~ 1.0.5 " / >

If so, the file config.xml  is in the root  folder or inside the www folder?

I installed the plugin with the command
            PhoneGap plugin add cordova - plugin - fileopener .. is correct ??

The installation path is :

c : \ <root project folder> \ plugins

or be installed within

C : \ <root project folder> \ www \ plugins

• 3. Re: Build plugin in cloud
              VectorP Level 4

If you plan to use Phonegap Build, you DON'T perform any commands like "install plugin"!

All you do is create a config.xml according to the docs.

When building with Phonegap Build, you don't nacessarily have a "project root folder" or a "/www directory". PGB doesn't require any special directory structure or naming. The only requirement is: index.html, config.xml and default icon icon.png must be in the root directory ("/") of your zip file - and make sure there's no other file called index.html in your assets.

You are free to structure your directories and assign names to them.

Again: you don't need Phonegap installed on your development machine. You can create your assets freely, and add a proper config.xml.

See the PGB Docs!

• 4. Re: Build plugin in cloud
                likusoft Level 1

I'm sorry, I did not mean to try the plugin on PGB but on my mobile device .. but using the emulator PhoneGap app on my tablet ..

I wanted to know if the path and configurations that I said before you were correct

• 5. Re: Build plugin in cloud
                  VectorP Level 4

I don't think you can use that third party plugin in the Phonegap emulator app.

Why do you want to test plugin functionality in an emulator, if you plan to use PGB to build your app, anyway? It seems like a waste of time and effort. Wouldn't you rather build the app, then test the real executable on a real device?

• 6. Re: Build plugin in cloud
                    likusoft Level 1

If I wanted to test first on my emulator .. it is impossible to running the plugin on my device

Thanks

• 7. Re: Build plugin in cloud
                      likusoft Level 1

Hi Vector ,

It's impossible to test a third party plugins in phonegap developer app ??

http://docs.phonegap.com/references/developer-app/

• 8. Re: Build plugin in cloud
                        VectorP Level 4

Yes.