3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2016 12:43 AM by Roei Tzoref

Audio spectrum center wave + rounder wave

arthurb60905996

Hi, first-time poster

I am looking to create a wave from an audio file of a voice and it has to resemble the clip of Arctic Monkeys (Do I Wanna Know?)

The shape of my waves is too sharp at the moment and I would like to know if there is a possibility to center the highest point of the wave each time something is said in the audio clip?

• 1. Re: Audio spectrum center wave + rounder wave
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional
          The shape of my waves is too sharp

audio waveform has some design limitations. you can increase the display samples but this will not be like the clip

I would like to know if there is a possibility to center the highest point of the wave each time something is said in the audio clip?

you can conform the highest point of the waveform to other values via linear expression. maybe this will help: Re: Bouncing Logo In Sync With Music

about the clip: as you can see the line is very symmetrical and fine. this is obviously not related to the waveform of the real audio, but a representation that was done manually to keep the aesthetics of the line. if you want the same look as the clip, below are different suggestions. digging around for some more information it was suggested that this type of sine wave animation was done actually in a 3d software called Maya: https://www.reddit.com/r/animation/comments/350717/looking_for_tutorials_on_how_to_make_th e_audio/

you can get close to this type of look using the Wave Warp effect on a path.

sine_waveform.gif

there are still some problems. the line is not that appealing vertically, it narrows down. not the same effect.

another way to is to try to add a zig zag shape effect - now the line is fine but the line does not distort in the same decaying manner. it need some more work

zigzag.gif

there's also the option that this was done manually through manipulating a path shape with a stroke and using transformations to scale it symmetrically. this is from the clip

clip.gif

this also could maybe be manipulated more easily through a script or set of expressions written specifically for this type of decaying sine wave animation.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Audio spectrum center wave + rounder wave
            arthurb60905996 Level 1

Thank you for the in debt response. I really appreciate it I will try to use your information and hopefully it will work out

• 3. Re: Audio spectrum center wave + rounder wave
              Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

You're welcome ! thanks for the feedback. if you find any nice workflow for this please share and also feel free to share the result.