2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2016 10:32 AM by Theresa J

Only CC will open ai/eps files

marieg63097837

I can't imagine that you have to have Creative Cloud to open every single ai/eps file offered on the Adobe Stock site -- but that's what a chat with a representative told me -- has anyone out there found you can open in an older version of Illustrator???

• 1. Re: Only CC will open ai/eps files
          kanikas17063107 Adobe Employee

Hi Marieg63097837,

You don't need the Creative Cloud subscription to download the content from Stock.

Images and videos from the Adobe Stock website can be opened in many Creative Cloud applications with a single click. They may also be saved directly to a Creative Cloud Library, making them immediately available in most of your Creative Cloud desktop and mobile applications.

Adobe Stock can also be launched from within the Libraries panel in Creative Cloud apps, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Adobe Muse, and After Effects. You can also license watermarked previews of Adobe Stock content directly from the Libraries panel in the desktop applications.

You may also refer:Adobe Stock Help | Adobe Stock Learn & Support

May i know which version of Illustrator are you talking about ?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Only CC will open ai/eps files
            Theresa J Adobe Community Professional

If you download ai/eps files and you want to edit them, you need a vector application like Adobe Illustrator. It can be an older version of Illustrator though. It doesn't have to be the current Illustrator CC from the Creative Cloud.

If the downloaded file contains newer effects like live shapes, you would need a more current version of Illustrator. However, I have never purchased a stock vector file that contained these effects, so your odds are pretty good.

1 person found this helpful