4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 7:23 PM by DdeGannes

Lr support for Canon 5Dmk IV

mark-FOTO Level 1

Just curious if we could get a possible ETA on update for Lr supporting the 5DmkIV?

What say you Adobe?

Thanks.

-Mark

• 1. Re: Lr support for Canon 5Dmk IV
          john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Adobe won't say anything other than it's coming. Why not ask Canon why they have failed to offer DNG as an option, which would have meant support from day 1?

• 2. Re: Lr support for Canon 5Dmk IV
            ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

See all the other threads about the "5d mark iv".

• 3. Re: Lr support for Canon 5Dmk IV
              mark-FOTO Level 1

I noticed after I posted.... when i searched for 5DmkIV I did not get much.

Now that I added the 'canon' in front, I see other threads.

Not frustrated ... just looking forward to really rolling the new camera into workflow of wedding coverage.

I am on a closed Facebook crew of wedding shooter and there are Aprox. a dozen shooters ready to roll.

It would be interesting to see the graph plotted (in other thread) by release date matched to Canon release dates of bodies.

Later,

Mark

• 4. Re: Lr support for Canon 5Dmk IV
                DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

"Adobe won't say anything other than it's coming. Why not ask Canon why they have failed to offer DNG as an option, which would have meant support from day 1?"

Could you provide info as to how this would work?

Will the Camera manufacturer's profile be within the DNG raw file produced by them and applied by Adobe software and all other third party applications supporting the DNG format?

At present there are dozens of third party raw conversion applications that create their own profiles i.e taste / recipe for rendering the raw data.

Does this mean users will be left with one option to render the raw data?

Just seeking clarification!