8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2016 5:06 PM by kellyprn

Lightroom CC printing issues

kellyprn

I am trying to print to a Canon Pixma Pro 100 from the Lightroom CC print module and it keep printing a contact sheet type photo and not what is showing on the screen. No matter what size print or what template I select I get the same result. I am sure it is an easy fix but I am at a loss of what is happening. I have checked and re-checked the page setup, printer setup and layout set up. here is a screen shot of what I am doing and also a shot of what actually prints. Can anyone help? Please.

Displaying 20160915_145546.jpg

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC printing issues
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

I do not see a clip of the resulting print.

With one image selected, are you getting one image in a quarter of the page?

Your print layout panels look good, and show the print preview as wanted.

Are you printing to "Letter" sized paper as the info suggests?

And have you double-checked all the options in the Printer driver dialog windows?

Perhaps a re-install of the printer drivers, or a reset of the LR preferences, and a computer re-boot, may get it working.

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC printing issues
            kellyprn Level 1

This is the result every time. I do not even get a partial image just this sheet with all the images showing me all possible color correction options. Yes, I have 8.5 x 11 luster paper loaded and I am trying to print an 8 x 10 on it. I tried loading 8 x 10 and 5 x 7 paper with the same results. I have reset all the LR preferences twice already. I have never had this issue before. 

Here is a screen shot of the printer window too.

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC printing issues
              wobertc Adobe Community Professional

The print that shows the color correction samples is not from Lightroom. (to the best of my knowledge!)

I suspect it is coming from Photoshop (or Elements?).

Have you reset the printer (power off/on)? Have you checked the Printer properties dialog to check what is printing and remaining in the print queue?

Maybe Photoshop sent multiple copies of the Color variables to the printer and they continue printing when it is switched on. Even powering the printer off will not clear the Print queue from computer memory, it will need deleting from the Properties dialog.

Open the computer Control Panel, Devices and Printers > Right-click the Canon Printer to see what is printing.

ScreenShot003.jpg

• 4. Re: Lightroom CC printing issues
                kellyprn Level 1

I have not opened photoshop to print so I am confused as to how that would come into play.

I checked the printer queue for every printer listed and there is nothing there and I have turned the printer off and on multiple times and even unplugged it to be sure it really shut down. LOL. I am at a loss for what to do.

• 5. Re: Lightroom CC printing issues
                  kellyprn Level 1

you will never guess what happened!  I was reading through the on screen user manual and kept searching for items dealing with pattern print. I noticed at the top of every search answer kept showing under print studio pro. I had an aha moment and checked my computer for that. Turns our the is a LR plug in for print studio pro on my computer. I guess somehow that plug in kept printing a pattern print. I checked it by running the plug in itself to see what the settings were but the pattern print box had not been checked. I am not sure why it would print that way without the box being checked. Anyway, I just disabled the plug in instead and the printing worked fine.  Thank you so much for your replies and help. I really do appreciate it. Hopefully if someone else has the same issue they can find an answer here.

• 6. Re: Lightroom CC printing issues
                    JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have the Canon Pixma Pro-100. The type of print you are showing is called a pattern print, and I can produce one of those by activating the utility that came with the printer called Print Studio Pro. But, to my knowledge, that is the only way I know of to activate that pattern print.

Capture.JPG

• 7. Re: Lightroom CC printing issues
                      JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Looks like you beat me to the draw on this one.

• 8. Re: Lightroom CC printing issues
                        kellyprn Level 1

Thank you again.