1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2006 7:09 AM by PeterDeMan

recover *dir from a projector

PeterDeMan Level 1
      hi all,

I know this is a stupid situation and a stupid question that i prefer not asking at all
      I somehow lost my most recent director files of 1 project. I did some stupid things while making backups/moving over LAN and i deleted the directory (i though I copied it, but i guess not). I found out a week later and the recycle bin doesnt go back that far as i deleted some big files afterwards. I do have an projector file of the most recent version (it was on my webserver). Can i recover from this projector file or do I have to script it again for 3 days to get back where I was :S

This gives me mixed feelings though, if decompiling is possible it would rise the question of the protection of my code, but on the other hand i would like to have a decompiler right now :S

I hope you guys understand my situation,
      warm greetingz,
      Peter de Man
        • 1. Re: recover *dir from a projector
          PeterDeMan Level 1
          hi all,

i Did a system recovery on that computer, i put it a week back in time (just before i made my stupid backup action where i must have screwed up).. guess what?..... i put my source files back !!!! i dont know where windows got them from.. but they are back. Very weird. I though windows only put back the registry and program files... but it got back my personal files as well... they were not even in "my documents" but just in c:\my_projects.... and windows put them back...

maybe there where considered part of a program and they were backuped in windows recovery point. sometimes I hate Microsoft for doing all those things I dont ask for.. but in this case I'm glad it did do all those things

warm greetingz,
          Peter de Man