1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 19, 2006 9:46 PM by Kevin_Favro

MCL and PreLoader Debacle

Kevin_Favro
      Hello...thanks in advance, especially those (kglad) who have been responding to previous posts of mine regarding this same problem. I'm going out of my mind though with this...basically I have an extremeley tempermental flash movie which plays differently in almost every browser (I'm on a mac, using safari and ff, but I just tested on a pc, and it was the same).

I can not for the life of me figure this out. I practically copied the code right out of a book I read, and it made sense in there, but it's escaping me out here in the real world. Am I insane for doing it like this? It seems rather easy and simple, and just what I'm looking for. Here's what I want:
      1) create an instance of a movieClipLoader
      2) give that movieClipLoader a listener, launching a preLoader every time that mcl loads
      3) load in external .swf's using that mcl by clicking on buttons...every movie has a stop action on its first frame, but the onLoadComplete of the preLoader instructs it to play again.

That's about it. Simple eh? Not for me? Could you please take a look at my code and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Here are some issues I'm having in the browser:
      1) First time loading with cleared cache it's loading well!
      2) If I reload the page, none of my dynamic text loads in the preLoader work...also, the preLoader code that changes the size of a progress bar doesn't run, so the preLoader .swf is stuck on frame 1
      3) All three buttons work great the first time, but if I click each of them again, the .swf parks on frame 1 (click the music button to see an example of this.
      4) If I reload the page, sometimes the buttons don't work (most of the time actually), although sometimes they do.

I've spent a little over a week trying to figure this out...here's a link to my main files...I hope we can get to the bottom of this.

http://www.servinitup.net/bull/files/

Thanks!

Kevin