Hello...thanks in advance, especially those (kglad) who have
been responding to previous posts of mine regarding this same
problem. I'm going out of my mind though with this...basically I
have an extremeley tempermental flash movie which plays differently
in almost every browser (I'm on a mac, using safari and ff, but I
just tested on a pc, and it was the same).
I can not for the life of me figure this out. I practically
copied the code right out of a book I read, and it made sense in
there, but it's escaping me out here in the real world. Am I insane
for doing it like this? It seems rather easy and simple, and just
what I'm looking for. Here's what I want:
1) create an instance of a movieClipLoader
2) give that movieClipLoader a listener, launching a
preLoader every time that mcl loads
3) load in external .swf's using that mcl by clicking on
buttons...every movie has a stop action on its first frame, but the
onLoadComplete of the preLoader instructs it to play again.
That's about it. Simple eh? Not for me? Could you please take
a look at my code and tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Here are some issues I'm having in the browser:
1) First time loading with cleared cache it's loading well!
2) If I reload the page, none of my dynamic text loads in the
preLoader work...also, the preLoader code that changes the size of
a progress bar doesn't run, so the preLoader .swf is stuck on frame
3) All three buttons work great the first time, but if I
click each of them again, the .swf parks on frame 1 (click the
music button to see an example of this.
4) If I reload the page, sometimes the buttons don't work
(most of the time actually), although sometimes they do.
I've spent a little over a week trying to figure this
out...here's a link to my main files...I hope we can get to the
bottom of this.