• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images Within Quizzes

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only recently started using Captivate and I'm interested in re-desigining some of the assessments we do. It seems as though the quiz functionality only really copes with text, and I was wondering if it's possible for them to be a bit more interactive.

Drawing.jpg

For example, I would like to insert this image into a quiz and ask them to name the individual parts, does anyone know if this is possible or could come up with a work-around? I thought of maybe doing something with Hotspots but it's not ideal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Shaun

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would work OK with a Drag and Drop interaction where the learner is required to drag text captions to their correct locations on the image (or to the ends of the lines that point into the image).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it can be done, but it is not a newbie work flow because you'll have to use variables and advanced or shared actions.

Quite a while ago (would be easier now with later versions of CP) I created this example for a colleague professor:

Link score to attempts in Custom questions - Captivate blog

Watch the included movie (it is Flash, you need a desktop/laptop with SWF enabled browser).

I would not use hotspot question in this case, but did you think about using Drag&Drop and have the names dragged to the proper locations? Be aware if this is a 'question' to be scored, you cannot have partial scoring in that case because the default setup for a validated D&D is all correct or it is esteemed incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources