4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2016 7:39 AM by JessyJ1204

Multiple composition widgets on 1 page

JessyJ1204

Is there a way to have multiple composition widgets on a page and make it easy to see and edit each individual one without them all overlapping? To paint the picture, on our company website we want to show multiple projects on a single page (there are multiple pages to group project types i.e. education, healthcare, religious, etc.). Rather than having each project navigate or open to a new page we want to have them pop up on the screen with the images and project text. One project page has approximately 15 projects, 3 across and 5 down. The project is first shown as a thumbnail image with the client/project name in a text box underneath. For each project I created a separate lightbox composition widget (presentation) for the viewer to easily click through multiple photos as a pop-up. In the target the project photo appears on the top and a decent amount of text on the bottom. The first trigger is set up as the thumbnail image and the other triggers (project photos) are hidden behind that thumbnail. With 15 widgets on one page I moved the target boxes off of the page like I would on InDesign but in Muse it just causes white space at the bottom of the page. Is there a way to organize the widgets so the person editing can easily see each one and not on top of eachother? If I put them on the page it will widen the page which I don't want to do.

Also, the reason I didn't just create 1 slideshow and keep all projects together is because I don't want ALL of the projects together like that in the event that we want to rearrange, add/delete projects, or have all the project photos for 1 project show up on the project page.

A second part to this question is, is there a way to only have 1 text box that will stay with all the photos in the widget? It seems right now I have to copy the text box and paste in place under each photo. If edits need to be made for 1 project it could have to be made anywhere up to 6 times for 1 edit. This can be an issue if the person making the edit does it quickly without thinking or realizing. Especially having to click on each trigger to get there.

I hope my questions make sense. Your thoughts/help/suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

• 1. Re: Multiple composition widgets on 1 page
          Pavel Homeriki Adobe Community Professional

JessyJ1204 написал(а):

1) The first trigger is set up as the thumbnail image and the other triggers (project photos) are hidden behind that thumbnail.

2) A second part to this question is, is there a way to only have 1 text box that will stay with all the photos in the widget?

1) For this fragment you need to use only one composition lightbox with one trigger as thumbnail. You can put it in the target window of lightbox  slideshow widget with 15 photos...

2) ...and a single text frame

But keep in mind that even with this approach, the page can be very heavy, if there will be many fragments. I think the best option is still to have a different pages

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Multiple composition widgets on 1 page
            JessyJ1204 Level 1

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you saying to put the slideshow lightbox widget inside of a composition lightbox widget, essentially merging 2 widgets? I have 15 different projects to highlight on 1 page. Each project has multiple photos and only 1 description (there are no photo captions, just 1 project write up). Each of the thumbnails you see on the left are actually triggers for separate widgets. Some of the widgets have multiple photos. In that case, there are additional trigger boxes that are hidden behind the corresponding thumbnail so that all photos for 1 project are not visible but can be scrolled thru using the arrows when the target box pops up.

Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about. I moved each project's target box to the outside space so that while I go into each one to edit they are not all overlapping and easy to view. Otherwise if they are on the project page I cannot easily edit the text inside. With them off the page though it ends up showing white space at the bottom of the site when I preview. Also, the text on the bottom is the same for each project but there are multiple photos.

• 4. Re: Multiple composition widgets on 1 page
              JessyJ1204 Level 1

Thank you so much for this! This is exactly what I was looking for!