8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2016 1:40 PM by retrocane

Error installing Coldfusion 10 Update 21

retrocane

Hello,

I am running into difficulty installing the latest hotfix 21 on my developer edition CF. I haven't had issues before with installing hotfixes.

I am installing using the Windows command line as the CF Admin method has never worked (can't download the fixes due to our network issues)

The 3 fatal errors in the log file:

1. ERROR - Could not move the file C:\{CFPATH}\lib\updates\{filename}.details to the backup location C:\{CFPATH}\hf-updates\hf-10-00021\backup\lib\updates\{filename}.details
      2. ERROR - Could not move the file C:\{CFPATH}\lib\updates\{filename}.notes to the backup location C:\{CFPATH}\hf-updates\hf-10-00021\backup\lib\updates\{filename}.notes
      3. ERROR - Could not move the file C:\{CFPATH}\lib\updates\{filename}.hotfix_021.jar to the backup location C:\{CFPATH}\hf-updates\hf-10-00021\backup\lib\updates\{filename}.hotfix_021.jar

I am running the Windows command line as Administrator. So I don't believe it's a permission issue. Especially since other files are written to those locations during the install (C:\{CFPATH}\hf-updates\hf-10-00021\backup\...).

OS is Windows 7

During the attempt at installing the hotfix, I see the *.details and *.notes files being written in the C:\{CFPATH}\lib\updates folder. They are deleted at the end of the process.

Any ideas why?

Thank you.