• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS Sticker Pack Extension with AIR?

Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple recently released iMessage "Sticker Packs" with iOS 10, which can either be delivered as standalone apps for the iMessage store, or can be bundled as an Extension within an iOS app.  Bundling the stickers within your app is in interesting feature, since your app users will automatically get the stickers when they download or purchase your app.  From what I understand, making the sticker pack is fairly straightforward with Xcode, but I'm not sure how to bundle it with an app created with AIR.

Is there any current way that AIR supports bundling iOS App Extensions when creating an ipa?  Or are there any plans for this?

It sounds like the sticker pack would be packaged in the main app's ipa, but outside of the Payload directory and in its own folder structure.

Documentation is a bit scarce, but here are some related links from Apple's site:

Sticker Submissions - App Store - Apple Developer

iMessage - Apple Developer (specifically the "Building iMessage Apps > Extensions to iOS App > Sticker Pack Extension" part)

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be great. Did you find a sollution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up making a standalone sticker pack with XCode, haven't tried to bundle one with an AIR app yet though.  From what I can tell based on un-zipping that standalone ipa, the sticker pack bundle is located in a "PlugIns" folder within the Payload directory, so maybe it's possible to make the app extension in XCode and then copy it over to an AIR app -- not really sure what else would be involved in making it work though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll just leave the stickers for now. Although making a standalone sticker pack with XCode might be a good way to promote another app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an ANE to add stickers would be pretty awesome, I bet our designer would go nuts Is anyone here planning to create an ANE for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone pleaseeeeeeee make an ANE to support this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe anybody has some solution? I'm looking how to upload Sticker Pack with Adobe AIR iOS app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw this a while ago from Christopher Caleb (wrote a great book on AIR for iOS a few years ago).

I've not gone into it in much depth - but it looks like he created dynamic stickers from an AIR app. May be worth reaching out to him...

WeeMoji – Emoji Sticker Maker | Yeah, But Is It Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did somebody found a way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines