16 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2016 2:01 PM by SJRiegel

Getting multiple records onto one page in Indesign with Data Merge

jordabean35

Okay so I am new to the Data Merge and have read a lot of forums not sure if I'm just not understanding correctly or possibly the way that my excel file is set up isn't correct I need help. So I am making a catalog and am trying to get each row into a separate section.

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 11.31.53 AM.png

So these are the two products. First set of information in the first group is the correct information for that product. Now I am trying to get the second set of information into the next section for the second product. I can preview the second products information but it fills both sections with the same information. Is there a way to get either InDesign or Excel to separate that information into different sections within the same Indesign document? Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 11.32.11 AM.png

Like I said before I'm new to this function. I am also not that savvy in Excel. I looked into creating a merged document, but when I tried it, Indesign just replicated every page in my catalogue rather than merging all the data into one page. I read on some forum that when creating the merged document that you could have multiple pages in a master document but it didn't work.

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 11.36.01 AM.png

So I separated this single page of the catalogue into its own document and I was allowed to choose the Multiple Record Layout but it didn't work either. Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 11.39.50 AM.png

I'm not exactly sure what I am doing wrong can anyone help me!