1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 16, 2016 11:50 PM by Mylenium

Long Project opens and Text layers not displaying for 10 mins.

nicholash91504

HI,

I am in need of some help. I have allot of projects that take 5-10 mins to open. once the project is open, none of my text layers display for some times another 10-15 mins. My projects have mostly text layers. Some may have a 1000 text layers spread across 20 different comps. Other than text layers, I may have 30 quicktimes in the project.

I have tired clearing caches and preferences and its not better.

I have a Mac Pro (trash can 8 core 64GB of ram, 48 just for AE). Running all the latest operating software and Current AE version.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 1. Re: Long Project opens and Text layers not displaying for 10 mins.
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, any chance you accidentally have set at least some of the comps to Raytrace 3D? If so, set them to the standard renderer. If using Raytrace 3D is intended, of course then there's nothing you can do and it's normal. Regardless of this, even on a standard project having thousands of text layers, possibly with text animators and expressions, would slow down things considerably, even more so if the fonts you use are complex themselves or your ripple continuous rasterization through multiple comps or something like that. You are simply pushing the limits of AE and should consider splitting up your work into separate projects.

Mylenium