0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2016 12:40 AM by JayTeeAitch

Why does PhoneGap targets wp8 instead of wp8.1 and wp10?

I've downloaded the latest Adobe PhoneGap desktop program and developer apps for windows, android and iOS.

I click the '+' sign to create a new example project. In there, I add a line to log 'navigator.userAgent'. On both my wp8.1 and wp10 phones, this is being reported as:

Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows Phone 8.0; Trident/6.0; IEMobile/10.0; ARM; Touch; {device name here})

As you can see, it's using the IE10 browser engine when it should be using IE11. I'm not sure what the user agent string should be but, from the Microsoft website, I think, for wp8.1, it should be something like:

Mozilla/5.0 (Mobile; Windows Phone 8.1; Android 4.0; ARM; Trident/7.0; Touch; rv:11.0; IEMobile/11.0; NOKIA; Lumia 520) like iPhone OS 7_0_3 Mac OS X AppleWebKit/537 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile Safari/537

As far as I can see, the latest desktop program should default to wp10 but I have tried these settings any way but they didn't work:

•   <preference name="windows-target-version" value="10.0" />
      •   <preference name="windows-phone-target-version" value="10.0" />
      •   <preference name="windows-appx-target" value="8.1-phone" />

Is there some other config setting I'm missing?

I used the device plugin and see that it's reporting a cordova version of 3.8.2

One other question, if I modify config.xml do I just need to click back in the developer app and click 'Connect' again or do I need to stop and restart the server in the desktop program?

The desktop program is installed on a laptop using windows 10.

The developer app is installed on a Lumia 520 (wp8.1) and a Lumia 650 (wp10)

Message was edited by: Rebus Media