5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2016 8:01 AM by Brad Lawryk

Filter out stock footage

Jahnu_AU Level 1

I am doing a vector search, but I am still getting up to a third of each page with stock footage (eg. 114857478, 102756452, 115669240). While some of them are indeed in my keywords, they are incredibly NOT vectors. How on earth do I stop having to wade through these completely irrelevant results?

• 1. Re: Filter out stock footage
          Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Be sure to only have 'vectors' selected in your search tools and nothing else.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Filter out stock footage
            Jahnu_AU Level 1

Thanks Brad, but if you read my question my first sentence is "I am doing a vector search".

Does anyone have an answer that addresses the question. Any help appreciated.

• 3. Re: Filter out stock footage

Yes, that is what I said. If you are only searching for 'Vectors' then only have ' Vectors' selected in the search tool. Be sure to also select 'Images' from the top/middle instead of 'All'....

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 11.49.07 PM.png

• 4. Re: Filter out stock footage
                Jahnu_AU Level 1

OK, well as I said I was doing a vector search, so of course I only had vectors selected. I thought that would have been obvious and go without saying, but that's just me. (Apologies that my ongoing frustration with the poorly designed Stock site is showing through as well.)

However, thank you for pointing out the images button away on the other side of the screen from the filters. I had honestly not looked up there as it doesn't look like it has anything to do with search interface. I will give that a go. I honestly think this is one of the worst laid out interfaces I have ever come across in a stock site. There seems to be little grouped logically. I would imagine all filters be together and choosing "image" or "all" would class as a filter. I would have also expected options like vector be available as a starting point in the search as well, but half the filters are hidden until an initial search, wasting time. I guess Adobe know better and that's why they've reinvented the wheel rather than just use the search engines they had on their other stock sites that really worked seamlessly and efficiently...

Anyway, thanks for the reply Brad, very appreciated!

• 5. Re: Filter out stock footage

Although I am a huge advocate for Adobe Stock I couldn't agree more with your assessment of the site user experience. It certainly is the best Stock image service with the worst user experience. I too hope they fix it or at least go back to the way it was before they 'fixed' it. I really do feel your pain there.