• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Trouble-About to give up [How to reinstall Flash Player for Opera and IE on Vista?]

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows Vista Biz. I use Opera and Internet Explorer. All was well until Flash updated to Flash23. Then my flash stoped working in either browser. I got on the adobe web site and followed instructions about what to do. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash23, didn't work. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling an earlier version when things were fine. That didn't work. I even tried making sure not to auto update on the earlier version so it would not default to flash 23 and nothing I have done works. In Opera flash will install but then it doesn't work or only works on some things. In IE it won't install at all. Does anyone know how to fix this and if not is there another program besides adobe flash I can use in it's place.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below links might be helpful:

Flash Player Help

Adobe - Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Internet Explorer it will simply not download and in Opera it is enabled but it will only work on some things. It  will not work for games (crashes browser) and will only play video from some sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are aware of the issue with Flash Player 23 on Vista and Opera.  This issue is covered extensively at Adobe Trouble-About to give up [How to reinstall Flash Player for Opera and IE on Vista?] . You may want to follow that topic (click on the 'Follow' link in the upper right".

For the issue with IE, what version of IE are you using?  What happens when you try to download the installer?  Or does it download, but not launch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue is fixed in the latest release 23.0.0.185, released today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines