9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2016 9:55 AM by gailf68689430

Unable to upload photos

gailf68689430

The photos appear in the library when I upload with a card reader.  When I push the import button, It gives me a pop up that says the files werent imported because they could not be read (394)

I could up load yesterday-but I uploaded RAW photos, today I was not

Lightroom support is terrible

• 1. Re: Unable to upload photos
          F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not really sure what you mean .. first you say they are imported and appear in the library, then not

There is no difference for RAW and JPG, as long as your camera type is supported for RAW.

What is the type of your camera, your OS as well as the exact version of LR?

What's wrong with the support?

• 2. Re: Unable to upload photos
            gailf68689430 Level 1

I mean that you cannot call and speak to someone.  I spent all morning reading all these forums and it is not helping me.

I just keep reading that people have the same problem.  I appreciate you trying to help me.

I have a Canon 1DX, brand new cards and a card reader.  I upgraded to LR 6, I had LR 4 before with no problems. I also have a Mac

When I put the card in the reader, I am in the library, I hit file to import photos.

This brings up screen for the source.

I have EOS_digital and I can see all the photos.

I click import (and they usually just pop into my library)

The screen goes back to Library and in the center of the screen it says "importing photos"

The top left has a bar that says copy and import.  When that bar reaches the end I get a notice saying the files cant be read with a code (394)

Thank you for your help.

• 3. Re: Unable to upload photos

The read error is also shown if there is an issue with write access at the target location - please verify your access rights.

Also, make sure you are updated to the latest LR 6.6.1.

Does it work if you import directly from the connected camera?

What if you move the files by explorer/finder and then add (instead of copy) in the import window?

• 4. Re: Unable to upload photos
                gailf68689430 Level 1

How do you verify access rights?

I think I only have 6.0  (I looked under the Lightroom at the top left and it says About Photoshop LR6.0)

Is there another way to check this?

How do I update?

I am able to download to my desktop and then transfer into LR

I am not sure why it wont go directly

• 5. Re: Unable to upload photos

Open About or Systeminformation in Help menu.

Download the update from here: Install Photoshop Lightroom

How to check your privileges depends on your OS, which you haven't told us. However, when you can import (with copy?) when the files are on your desktop, that's not the issue here.

If the problem only appears when trying to copy from the card reader, get a new card reader.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Unable to upload photos
                    gailf68689430 Level 1

Thank you-it is a 6.0 so I will have to update.

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

It is a brand new card reader-Lexar USB 3.0-Any suggestions for a new one?

Thanks so much for your help!

• 7. Re: Unable to upload photos
                      JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The error message you are receiving usually means that the files cannot be written to the specified folder. You need to check permissions in your operating system for that folder. If you do a web search for something like, "Setting disk and folder permissions Mac" you should find plenty of information on how to check and set permissions.

• 8. Re: Unable to upload photos

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestion since I'm using the internal one of my HP Workstation.

Make sure the reader is the cause of the issue by trying with the camera connected directly and/or copy import from the desktop, not adding on desktop.

• 9. Re: Unable to upload photos
                          gailf68689430 Level 1

This seemed to work with the updates!  Thank you so much for help!!  Much appreciated!