1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2006 3:22 PM by Newsgroup_User

Animating color only?

LRowan Level 1
      Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to take a text-based graphic symbol (New!), have three instances with a different color assigned to each instance, and tween between the three instances, so when animated, the symbol appears to change color. I understand how tweening works, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to have three different instances of a symbol that vary only by color.

Tweening apparently works only on instances of the same symbol, but when I put three instances of the symbol on the canvas and attempt to apply my colors to them, I end up changing the original symbol (and all instances) to the same color. I tried breaking each of them apart, so they're no longer linked to the original symbol, and was able to apply the colors to them, but I wasn't able to tween them because tweening works only on instances of the same library symbol. There's got to be a way to do this and I'm just not getting it. I don't see what the point is of tweening instances of the same library symbol if you can't make the instances different. I'm sure this is basic Fireworks stuff but I've been struggling with this for over two hours now. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
      Lisa
        • 1. Re: Animating color only?
          Level 7
          Once you've created the symbol, apply a Color Fill effect to it (Live
          filters > Adjust Color > Color Fill). Change the default red fill to the
          color you want. Reduce the color to 1 or 2%. Clone the symbol and change
          the opacity of the Color fill effect until you achieve the saturation
          you want. Select both symbols and choose Modify > Symbol > Tween
          Instances.

--
          Linda Rathgeber ACE ::: PVII
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------
          Adobe Community Expert - Fireworks
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------
          Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm