3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2016 12:17 PM by Steve Werner

Indesign main window opening on primary monitor

hr39225553 Level 1

I mainly use Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator (on Windows) and noticed all 3 programs behave differently when it comes to using a secondary monitor.

Photoshop: Once you've dragged the main window to the secondary monitor, next time you start the program it shows the splash screen on the secondary monitor and remembers the position of all the windows.

Illustrator: Once you've dragged the main window to the secondary monitor, next time you start the program it still shows the splash screen on the primary monitor but it remembers the location of all the windows.

Indesign: Once you've dragged the main window to the secondary monitor, next time you start the program it still shows the splash screen on the primary monitor and ignores the position of the main window, putting it back on the primary monitor (behind all the panels I have put there so I need to move around things in order to drag it back to the secondary monitor).

I don't mind Illustrator showing the splash screen on the primary monitor but Indesign is a real drag! Why can't it just open its main window on the secondary monitor where I left it when I quit my previous session?

Having all 3 programs behave differently is ridiculous. If Photoshop and Illustrator can open the main window on my secondary monitor then why can't Indesign?