2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2016 10:24 AM by johnrellis

why the transform upright "update" button?

weddje

Since the last update when I apply upright 'level' or 'auto' the corrections are way off. There is an 'update' button and after hitting 'update' the correction seems fine. What's the function of this and do I have to 'update' images individually? Or can I get the 'auto upright' to go right with one click?

thanks for the help

Screenshot 2016-09-18 12.53.54.png

• 1. Re: why the transform upright "update" button?
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

I have tried all forms of adjustments on several images and never get that Update button to become active. So I have no idea why it is on your system.

When was the last time you restarted your computer?

What is the exact version of LR that you are using, Help About Adobe PS LR CC and post the exact version.

You could try deleting the LR preference file.

What exact type of images are you working with?

• 2. Re: why the transform upright "update" button?
            johnrellis Most Valuable Participant
            What's the function of this and do I have to 'update' images individually? Or can I get the 'auto upright' to go right with one click?

When you paste/sync develop settings or create a preset, you can apply just the Upright Mode (Auto, Level, Vertical, etc.) or you can also apply the particular transform warping (angle, rotation, etc.) that was calculated for the source image from which you've copied the settings.  For example, the Copy Settings window has these options:

Suppose you apply Transform > Auto to a photo and then do Settings > Copy Settings, selecting Upright Transforms. When you paste those develop settings to another photo, you will apply Auto mode and the particular transform warping of the source photo. The Update button in the Transform panel will be active -- if you click it, it will recompute the Auto-mode settings for the current photo.

If you want to apply Auto to many photos, do Settings > Copy Settings and select Upright Mode only.  Then select all the photos and do Paste Settings.  Similarly for syncing settings or defining a preset.

1 person found this helpful