6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2016 7:34 PM by nk53331906

Lightroom 6...ok until I needed it on my laptop...ugh

nk53331906

Ok, I thought I bought a standalone program... I couldn't install on my laptop for vacation 2 weeks ago. Had to chat...finally got it installed.

Was fine...now I'm home and I want to print what I shot.

I've been trying for 3 days to get it back on my desktop...including a deinstall and reinstall.....

Nothing works. Should I switch software? This is nuts. I don't even know if I can have it on 2 computers...

Sign in does not work. I'm signed off on the laptop.

Does adobe check this forum? I'm new to these problems.

Thanks for any crumbs.

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6...ok until I needed it on my laptop...ugh
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You are entitled to have two installations. They cannot be used concurrently. In other words, the two installations are for your personal use. You should be able to install it on your desktop computer in the same way you installed it on your laptop. What error messages are you encountering? What are the specs for your desktop computer?

• 2. Re: Lightroom 6...ok until I needed it on my laptop...ugh
            F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You are allowed for 2 installation/activations, i.e. on your Desktop and your Laptop.

If your photos are on the local drive of your Laptop, you need to move these. If you'd like to work on both computers, it may be a good idea to have them on an external drive that you can connect to both computers. You also need to move the catalog where all your work done in LR is stored.

Please tell us exactly what your target is so we can come up the ideal solution.

• 3. Re: Lightroom 6...ok until I needed it on my laptop...ugh
              nk53331906 Level 1

Hello Thanks,

It's on a Dell Studio XPS 18G ram, all updated Win7, Fast GPU - fast.

Errors, It has just hung after hitting sign on,    sometimes it gets to the screen asking for email and password, then just hangs.

I've logged off and on on the website, the laptop, my tablet where I'm only googling my problem.

The first issue was timeout and a report that I'm not connected to internet or my clock is wrong...

Thanks, I know about the issue of moving my pictures.

If I get the above issue fixed, I did an uninstall/reinstall. Are all my edits toast?

Thanks and thanks   can you tell I'm frustrated?

• 4. Re: Lightroom 6...ok until I needed it on my laptop...ugh
                F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The uninstall does not remove your catalog, and none of the pictures of course.

Therefore, your data is save while uninstalling and reinstalling.

• 5. Re: Lightroom 6...ok until I needed it on my laptop...ugh
                  nk53331906 Level 1

That's good information if I can get it signed on. I used it for like 6 months and got to like it. This is regrettable.

Their website says support is down this weekend. Is that all that's down?

• 6. Re: Lightroom 6...ok until I needed it on my laptop...ugh
                    nk53331906 Level 1

Okay. Fixed. Well, sort of.

My Internet goes from the modem to a hub, then another hub, then the computer with the issues. I eliminated one hub and it worked.

I say sort of since I run an expensive cloud based manufacturing program with zero difficulty the way it all was connected. Adobe is too concerned with piracy. This sign in and out is s%#t for the birds if I go somewhere and forget to sign out.

Why not install on 2 computers and have an online key so only 1 can be used at a time. I'll post that in the suggestions forum.....wait!