7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2016 1:37 AM by Roei Tzoref

Trouble Previewing

morganj15002101

Hi..I am currently having trouble previewing my layers in After Effects. Some of the layers are Pre-composed, so I'm not sure if it has something to do with that. When I try to preview or render my animation it's only shows whatever color the composition is. It seems like its not playing the pre-composed comps.

• 1. Re: Trouble Previewing
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

in this case a screenshot is worth a thousand words. show us what's wrong exactly and make sure your full Ae interface is visible.

• 2. Re: Trouble Previewing
            morganj15002101 Level 1

Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 8.25.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 10.03.16 AM.png

I'm not sure if this issue has to do with my graphics card warning.

• 3. Re: Trouble Previewing

first let's deal with this message:

Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 10.03.16 AM.png

you probably need to turn of your composition ray-tracing feature. go to composition->composition settings->advanced and change it to "Classic 3D" not see if you are seeing your composition correctly. if this did not fix your issue let's examine your project.

in this screenshot:

Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 8.25.56 PM.png

you are in a comp called :

watching a precomp placed inside called:

your CTI is at 06:19. we don't know what's inside this precomp. when you click on it twice what do you see inside at 06:19? it should be the same thing.

• 4. Re: Trouble Previewing
                morganj15002101 Level 1

Hey, thanks for getting back so fast. My composition settings was already set to "classic 3D." When I double click the pre-comp, it goes to another composition with a few layers and another pre-comp. I'm not to sure what CTI is...my animation is only 2:30 - 3:00 minutes long so far.

• 5. Re: Trouble Previewing
                  morganj15002101 Level 1

Also the animation will show up if its not rendered fully. Once I start scrubbing through the timeline, or once its fully rendered that's when I'm not able to view the animation

• 6. Re: Trouble Previewing

I'm not to sure what CTI is

CTI - current time indicator - that blue line that tells you where you are in time and you see it move all the time.

Also the animation will show up if its not rendered fully. Once I start scrubbing through the timeline, or once its fully rendered that's when I'm not able to view the animation

too many questions to ask here. you got a project here that has precomps inside precomps and it could be anything really. upload your project (just your aep file) and I will take a look. use any cloud service