2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2006 10:04 PM by Pete456

loading question for two separate .swfs

Pete456
      Hi. I have an html page that I'm publishing that has two entirely separate .swf files.

The flash movies are basic and simply show rotating photos. One is 10k and the other is @ 50k in size. The photo rotation for both is linked visually and both have the same timeline.

My question is:

How do I ensure that the smaller movie doesn't begin before the other movie? Is there a simple preloading script that I can punch in to ensure that both the movies begin at the same time?

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: loading question for two separate .swfs
          Level 7
          "Pete456" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:e21bdu$ai7$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi. I have an html page that I'm publishing that has two entirely separate
          > .swf files.
          >
          > The flash movies are basic and simply show rotating photos. One is 10k and
          > the other is @ 50k in size. The photo rotation for both is linked visually and
          > both have the same timeline.
          >
          > My question is:
          >
          > How do I ensure that the smaller movie doesn't begin before the other movie?
          > Is there a simple preloading script that I can punch in to ensure that both the
          > movies begin at the same time?
          >
          > I appreciate any help you can give me.
          >
          > Thanks in advance.

Preloaders in one swf can't check the loading progress of another swf when the swfs are seperated on the html page.
          You will need to communicate from one swf to the other using localConnection or you can read and write localObject files to inform
          the other swf that the file is loaded.
          There are probably some javascript solutions too.

There are some examples of localConnection communication on my website..
          http://members.cox.net/4my2dogs/flash/
          They aren't specific to your task but you can adapt the commications to do anything you need.
          tralfaz

• 2. Re: loading question for two separate .swfs
            Pete456 Level 1
            Thanks for the reply.

Time to do some research on LocalConnection.