2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2016 5:58 PM by dirtiestjordan

Streaming for windows, any options?

dirtiestjordan

Any viable options for a winow user to stream to twitch? Syphon option isn't an option for window users, at least not that i am aware of. I was wondering if you guys at adobe found a way to get a smooth running stream with gameplay going as well. I'm currently capturing the character and putting a green background behind him and keying it out. It looks fine and run smooths but streaming it comes out slow and slugish. Any options? or is it something right in front of me that I'm missing?

• 1. Re: Streaming for windows, any options?
          oksamurai Employee Moderator

We've started looking into Windows live streaming options, but don't have anything to announce at this time. Is there a particular technology you know of (like Spout) that would help for your needs?

Complex CH characters + streaming can be pretty processor intensive. I found I got the best results streaming if I lessened the layer complexity and resolution/size of my characters and set the framerate to something like 12. Every release is getting a little speedier though, so hopefully it'll keep running better for you with each update we make.

• 2. Re: Streaming for windows, any options?
            dirtiestjordan Level 1

Thanks for the reply! I'll check out Spout and post if I find something that makes it a little easier/smoother for streaming!