• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microphone won't show up in Connect

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm taking a German course through the Goethe Institute, and they use Adobe Connect for live sessions.  I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro 3, running Windows 10.  When I'm in Connect, I get the little green  window up in the upper left corner for the speakers, but not for my microphone.  When I go through the audio setup within Connect, I can choose either the Surface microphone array, or my Logitech USB headset microphone, and it works fine with the tests.  However, after successfully going through the Connect audio tests, the microphone still doesn't show up in the program.  I've tried logging out and logging back in, with no change.  I've tried restarting the computer, with no change.  I can go into the Sound settings in Windows and choose either microphone and either the headset speakers or the computer speakers, and all work fine in Skype and the Windows recorder.  I just can't seem to get a microphone to work in Connect!  Any suggestions? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

To test, you just need to have someone from the organization you are working with who is enabled to start meetings join a room with you. Should only take about 1 minute to validate whether or not you get microphone rights in the room. To me it sounds like you have already tested and verified that everything is working as expected.

It is also worth mentioning that you won't have access to broadcast your audio over VoIP if you are at the Participant role in a room. Only Presenters and Hosts can bro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have a follow-up question here - I'm not seeing the microphone when I go into Connect with no one on the other end.  Does that make a difference?  Does the instigator of my meeting have to somehow enable my microphone for it to show up on my end? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on your description it sounds like they are using the licensing model, which requires a meeting host to be present. If you enter the room without someone who has the licensing to unlock the full functionality of the room, you will not be able to use VoIP audio.

So, yes, the meeting instigator must be present to enable you to use the microphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I suspect there's no way to test this without being in an actual session? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To test, you just need to have someone from the organization you are working with who is enabled to start meetings join a room with you. Should only take about 1 minute to validate whether or not you get microphone rights in the room. To me it sounds like you have already tested and verified that everything is working as expected.

It is also worth mentioning that you won't have access to broadcast your audio over VoIP if you are at the Participant role in a room. Only Presenters and Hosts can broadcast audio. If Participants are given the rights to broadcast over VoIP by the Host, then they will see the mic button appear at the top of the room.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines