1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 18, 2016 11:53 PM by VectorP

Remove all url parameter in file:///

xkevin Level 1

I am developing a Cordova App. I use url parameter to manipulate or control my pages.

For example I have this url locally (running on web browser): file:///App/www/index.html?goto=profile

So how can I able to remove the ?goto=profile in the url without reloading the page?And able to run smoothly when already installed on mobile.

• 1. Re: Remove all url parameter in file:///
          VectorP Level 4

This sounds like a wrong solution to a yet unknown problem.

Let's start at the beginning.

I have this url locally (running on web browser): file:///App/www/index.html?goto=profile

So how can I able to remove the ?goto=profile in the url

If you're in a regular browser, just select the query string characters with your mouse and press the 'Del' key on your keyboard. The web document will not reload automatically, unless you click 'Reload' or press F5 (in Windows).

I am not sure how this is related to Phonegap, though.

I am developing a Cordova App. I use url parameter to manipulate or control my pages.

So how can I able to remove the ?goto=profile in the url

In your app, the url is not visible in the address bar, because there is no such bar. So apparently, there is some perceived problem with the query string, and your 'solution' appears to be: remove that query string.

But why? Do you want to hide something from the user which he doesn't see, anyway? And if so, are you aware that your apk, once published, is available for all to open and inspect/debug?