1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2016 9:11 PM by terrys30580497

Reading timeclock in Premiere Elements 12

Maghdalena

This may seem a silly question, but how do you read the clock on the timeline in Premiere elements 12 ?  Which is the hours, minutes, seconds, etc? I am totally clueless on how to figure out where the five-six second mark is on the clock, so can anyone help me?  I am a total newbie.

What I want to do is learn to make an introduction with a lens flare like in the   YouTube Video at the following URL:

Creating Intros in Adobe Premiere Elements - YouTube  

The guy says to put the black video to 5 or 6 seconds, and that's where I'm hitting the snag. I have no idea on how to read the clock to know where the 5-6 second mark is.

I have a  Hewlett Packard P6110y running Vista Service Pack 2(though I am getting a Windows 7 Professional OS during the holidays) and Premiere/Photoshop Elements 12. I hope this helps and someone can help me read the clock. I wasn't sure even where to ask, so hope I am asking in the right  place.

Thank you for the help.

Katherine Logan

• 1. Re: Reading timeclock in Premiere Elements 12
          terrys30580497 Level 3

Timecode is displayed in Hours, Minutes, Seconds and then Video Frames Per Second.

If the video on the time line is 30 frames per second the frame rate at the end is divisible by using simple math.

If you are at 1 second and 15 frames on the timeline you are at the 1 1/2 second point.

"               "   1 second and 10 frames '                                               1 1/3 second point.

If your footage was 24 frames per second.

If you are at 1 second and 12 frames on the timeline you are at 1 1/2 seconds.

"                "  1second and  18 frames "                                      "  1 3/4 seconds.

If you zoom into the timeline it's easier to read the timecode on the timeline itself.It's adjusted with a slider bar. Positioning it to the far right is zoomed all the way in.

9.png

When you are zoomed in all the way every Hash Mark represents one frame.

Click Images to Enlarge Them.

Hash marks.png