1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 20, 2016 8:51 AM by Brad Lawryk

Composites & Digital Artwork Clarification

katb41172533

I have read through the licensing terms several times and i'm still not completely clear. Hoping the Adobe staff can clarify.

For digital artwork and/or composites. If I'm using parts of multiple images, lets say 10 images (eg. a moon from one picture, a person face from another, a landscape, snow, a building etc.) to create a completely new image/artwork strictly for my portfolios (my website/behance etc & social media etc.) is that covered under the standard license and I'm assuming I don't need to post a credit for each photo since it's just a portion used to make my artwork.

Second question, if a client hires me to create a composite to be featured strictly in their website design and I purchase 5  Standard licensed images to create it, do they need to purchase additional Standard licensing as well? 

Also, am I correct to assume if they wanted to use it in printed materials like a poster or flyer, they would need to purchase Extended licenses for each image I used?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 1. Re: Composites & Digital Artwork Clarification
          Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

1: You should be fine to use it to build your own portfolio as long as it meets the rest of the terms regarding moral and legal content. Adobe Stock images are great for compositing. I do it all the time.

2: You only need to license it once per client. If you license it then you can only use it for that one client. If the client purchases it then only he may use it (Although he can supply it to you to do the design). It only needs to be licensed once per client.

3: You should be fine for printed material such as flyers etc without an extended license. Extended licenses generally cover occasions where the item using the image is for sale such as t-shirts, mugs, photo books, etc.

These answers are only guidelines off course as I know nothing about your actual use cases.

1 person found this helpful