1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 20, 2016 2:46 PM by dj_paige

Lightroom Transfer

harleen9619430

I have recently bought a computer and have been trying to set lighroom up on it. I Have taken my old hard drive out of my computer and hooked it up to my new one to copy everything over. When the old hard drive is plugged in, my pictures from my previous computer show up and I can edit, export, etc.

However, if I unplug it, immediately something changes and it says all my pictures can't be found, even though they've been copied over to the new computer exacty as they were on the old computer. Help Please!

• 1. Re: Lightroom Transfer
          dj_paige Level 9

However, if I unplug it, immediately something changes and it says all my pictures can't be found, even though they've been copied over to the new computer exacty as they were on the old computer. Help Please!

When you unplug the drive with the photos, Lightroom can't find the photos. This means that LR is still looking on that drive for the photos. You'd have to tell LR to find the photos on the new computer's drive, you can use these instructions: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders (Alternative: if you rename the new computer's drive to be identical to the name of the drive on the old computer, that should also work; on Windows this means changing the drive letter)

1 person found this helpful